On Friday, March 22, 2013 4:19:22 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
>
> > What did you think of the evidence in the Dean Radin video?
>

> Evidence? I saw no evidence, all I saw was a man making noises with his
> mouth and some slides he made himself.

Why do you think that he made the slides and not the other PhDs on his
staff? Have you some other means of seeing evidence other than with seeing
data and hearing or reading someone explain it?

> Although it would be great if we all has some hidden superhero ability
> just like in the comic books until somebody I respect duplicates those
> results I don't believe a word of it.

That won't help you if you respect the wrong people.

> In the first place with the exception of organized religion no area of
> human activity has as long a history of fraud as psi research.

Not banking, not patent medicine, not pyramid schemes, not politics, not
war profiteers, but psi research. That's the culprit. Who can save us from
this plague of fraudulent researchers - reaping millions on their
incredibly lucrative activities, haha.

> In the second place if you knew you had great experimental ability you'd
> never go into a field as dead and moribund as psi that hasn't moved an inch
> in well over a century.

Your usual condemnation of people you deem 'not winners'...because
understanding nature is a sport, apparently.

> On the other hand if you knew you were all thumbs in the lab then psi
> research would be a perfect career choice for you because a bad
> experimentalist is better than a good one if you're looking for something
> that doesn't exist.

Because there's so many juicy grants out there? Because it's such a great
way to attain prestige? Hah.

> Suppose the Everything list existed in 1870 and we were having this same
> conversation. What would be different? Well, we'd be using Morse Code and a
> telegraph key instead of the Internet (with a lot less quoted material I'll
> bet). Also, some names have gone in and out of fashion in that time.
> Spiritualism became ESP which became PSI, but other than that the substance
> of our conversation would be virtually identical. It's time to move on!

The fact that this line of inquiry refuses to go away might be true for a
reason. If we had the Everything List in 1070 and it was suggesting that
disease were caused by invisibly small beasts multiplying in our flesh, the
skeptical position would have held that this nonsense should be stamped
out. Everyone knows that disease is caused by sin! Read your bible!

> This entire field is like a fly frozen in amber that hasn't moved a
> nanometer in centuries;

Did you even look at the MRI's?

> I don't expect anything about this to change anytime soon, nor does anyone
> else on this list.

Winners winning always win. Go team!

> I add that last part because it is the only explanation I can think of to
> explain why nobody has accepted my bet.
>
> My God people don't you have even a rudimentary bullshit detector?
> Fantastic claims, cries of persecution, irreproducible results, this crap
> just reeks of junk science!

So to sum up, you have absolutely no scientific criticism of the results of
the studies, other than that you know before you saw them that they must be
lies made by liars to trick the foolish masses and become filthy rich.

Craig