> My God people don't you have even a rudimentary bullshit detector? Fantastic
> claims, cries of persecution, irreproducible results, this crap just reeks
> of junk science!

I don't think Sheldrake is correct, but he writes papers and collects
experimental results. Maybe he's lying, and maybe other scientists are
lying. That happens, unfortunately -- in part because the wrong
incentives where created, but that's another topic. We all assign
degrees of belief to different things. For example, I assign I high
degree of belief to the idea that most scientists are not deliberately
lying to me. If I didn't I would have to reject science, because I
don't have the time or resources to replicate even a fraction of the
results. We all accept science mostly by betting on a set of beliefs.
I assign a low degree of belief to morphic fields, but am willing to
listen to theories. If I weren't, I would lose the opportunity to play
with ideas.

You will be persecuted if you decide to do experimental research with
psychedelics. Apparently you will be censored if you even propose the
idea. Nobody will be able to reproduce your results without breaking
the law. The only scientific claim that Hancock makes is that
ayahuasca can be used to treat drug addiction. We are legally
forbidden from testing this claim. Can you claim with a straight face
that there is freedom of scientific inquiry?