One more idea about religión and robots:

 A religión can not be hardcoded. Religión implies belief and a belief is
something that can be or can be  not that way, but anyway the individual is
committed to asume it, This is vital for cooperative entities that compite
with others or, put another way, when the individuals have different
affiliation alternatives.  But all ot this complication  is meaningles in
pure cooperative entities.

An example: the CPU and the memory chip of my laptop does not need to meet
to repeat aloud the rules of memory transfer - They don´t need to offer
sacrifices as a sign of commitment to these rules- They have the memory
transfer rules hardcoded. They don't need to enforce them trough rites.

Instead, an organized group of people, like a group of free robots need
religion, because neither their affiliation neither their rules are
hardcoded, so each one need to be sure that each other invest time and
effort in learning and accepting the ruules, by means of a form of
sacrifice for them. Game theorist would say that the sacrifice makes the
collaboration stable.

2013/3/23 Richard Ruquist <yann...@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On 3/22/2013 6:41 AM, Richard Ruquist wrote:

> >> Not, by and large. Most human non-religious beliefs are based on
> >> experience. Most important is the belief that you can accomplish what
> >> you plan or predict that you can do. Driving drunk is an example. You
> >> predict that you are capable of driving and also believe that you will
> >> not get caught. A better example of prediction and control is downhill
> >> skiing. Recently a Swiss friend who grew up skiing and believed he
> >> could handle any slope, ran into a tree and is now a vegtable.
> >> Religious beliefs are much more abstract and less life threatening for
> >> most of us. Richard
> >

> > There are more people killed due to religious beliefs everyday that those
> > killed by skiing in a year.
> >

> I doubt if that is true on a per capita basis.
> There are billions of people with religious beliefs
> and relatively few skiers.
> However, I do not understand what that has to do with the discussion.
> Richard
>

> > Brent
> >
> > --

Alberto.