On 3/23/2013 2:49 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:
Since you don't believe in anything (which you believe... ;) ),

There's a difference between believing specific propositions and believing *in*
something.

it is redundant to point out that there are more trustworthy ayahuasca cooks, indeed traveling snake-oil-salesmen (although institutionalizing ayahuasca use is showing its share of problems), than pharma + ethics boards + govt. + medical industry interests blended into this scheme of making medicine more and more expensive for the needing, appropriate patients.

Sure, and I trust my neighbor more than I do the police; but who should I call if I have a burglar?

This is pseudo-science and apparently all these interests are working together with a telepathically linked united, benevolent interest to better and help the sick and needy.

It's not psuedo-science and it's not science - it's commerce.