On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> DanieL Dennett believes that free will is compatible with determinism.
>> He doesn't like it when people define free will in such a way as to
>> make it impossible.
>

> Well, I didn't say he was perfect, but at least he doesn't claim that free
> will is an outright illusion or epiphenomenon. The notion that science needs
> to be more 'creative' would be tough to pull off if you insist on the Laws
> of Physics deny the possibility of free will by definition point of view.

I also have a very simple and straightforward idea of free will: I
exercise my free will when I make a choice without being coerced. I
never said that the laws of physics deny the possibility of free will,
but free will is impossible if you define it in such a way as to be
incompatible with the laws of physics or even with logic.

--
Stathis Papaioannou