On 29 Mar 2013, at 13:31, Craig Weinberg wrote

On Sat, Mar 30, 2013  Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> You are asserting without argument that a theory is incorrect, and you do
> this by assuming that it cannot do this or that, but with no argument

Bruno, did you really expect anything better? You are arguing with somebody
who has publicly admitted that they believe astrology and numerology are
valid methods of learning about the world.  Given that Craig is in the
habit of saying in nearly every post that consciousness is definitely X but
consciousness is most certainly not Y  I wondered what other methods he
used to become so knowledgeable in the ways of philosophy; so I asked if he
also believed that examining the entrails of a chicken can foretell the
future but he did not answer. I think its a perfectly reasonable question
given that all 3 were very popular during the medieval dark ages and
prediction by means of chicken entrails is not one bit more imbecilic than
astrology or numerology, so I just wondered if he had gone 2/3 of the way
toward being a perfectly respectable member of the dark ages or if he had
gone all the way.

  John K Clark