Animal psychology is clearly adaptive. No one denies that. Then is is very
strange to know that many people denies any influence of evolution in human
psychology. Specially when they deny any particular quality to humans that
distinguish them from animals.

A pure cultural theory of human psychology is against natural selection,
and even against the notion of computability. There is no computer that
solve problems without loading a program. The pogram is what is innate. the
input data is te environment (social and phisical) whose problems has to
solve.

Craig: you can read about your objections and other in the article of the
Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoevolutionary_theory

2013/4/17 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

> On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:20:42 PM UTC-4, Alberto G.Corona wrote:
>>
>> Evolutionary psychology are falsable because there are psychological
>> experiments that can be designed to falsaify them. There a lot of them in
>> the literature. All of them are standard methods in psychology. Evolution
>> here is only the theoretical framework that allows to formulaate
>> psychological hypothesis. Then it is tested like any other psychological
>> hypothesis.
>>
>> There are interviews. respose time measurements . Card tests. Statstical
>> analysis. Crooss culture studies.etc. while other methods are specific like
>> game theory. Computer simulations  Hunter'gatherer studies Etc.  There is a
>> experimental test of an hypothesized instintive mechanism for pumishmemt of
>> free riders and another for giving advantages to collaboorators by Price
>> Cosmides. And Toby refered in my article. You can take a look at it.
>>

> I agree that the evolutionary aspect is falsifiable, I just think that the
> link to psychology is always a fictional inference which is
> self-validating. We might see a meaningful pattern of behavior in
> individuals and societies, but seeing that pattern from the outside leads
> to impose a mechanical view onto subjective experiences, which we should
> know are driven by aesthetic and intentional considerations as well as
> survival and reproduction.
>
> Craig
>
>>  By the way mi article suggest various experimental tests

>>> Evolutionary psychology is unfalsifiable, and in this case I think
>>> plainly used for an ideological purpose. By erroneously framing the concept
>>> of social justice as rooted in envy to begin with, and then applying this
>>> pseudo-scientific validation of that error, the point is to say "Liberals
>>> are just jealous, and that's because they carry an evolutionary defect."
>>>
>>> What about all of the people who think that imperialism and aristocratic
>>> totalitarianism are perfectly fine? How did they escape this selection
>>> pressure?
>>>
>>> Craig

>>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/**
>>> group/everything-list?hl=en<http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list?hl=en>