Stathis, forgive me if I expect better from you.

*> Parrots can speak too.
"But they lack the genes encoding for a brain capable of human level
speech, regardless of the environment."*
*
*
Can you fly like a parrot? or roar like a lion? We even have no good idea
how the ape-ancestor started to grow neurons, to get upright (lower the
voice-box),
started to use 'tools' a second earlier than cousin chimp. Now there is
your snap-shot of today. Anthropocentric and hypocritical.  - Another
remark:

*"But there seems no good reason why the same animal should be called "chien"
in one part of the world, "perro" in another and "dog" in yet another."*
*
*
 Aren't we different - all of us (DNA, etc. etc.)? We are far from
explanations how language arose (and I did not put it into plural yet).
Habits, lifestyles, etc. developed differently not only according to the
geographical location but also as a consequence of secondary factors (I
refrain to refer to the term 'evolution') - like population density, food
staple, environment and consequences of such...

John M