On 20 Apr 2013, at 23:23, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Saturday, April 20, 2013 2:51:23 PM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

On 20 Apr 2013, at 17:56, meekerdb wrote:

> On 4/20/2013 2:20 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

>>> I'm not so sure of the problem, but I'm pretty sure of the
>>> solution.  When we can build AI robots that exhibit (including
>>> reporting) intelligent and emotional responses similar to humans
>>> and we can map between their AI and the function of brains in a
>>> way that allows us to reliably adjust the behavior of AI robots
>>> and/or humans - then we will have "solved" the problem, in the
>>> practical sense that no one will care about it in general terms
>>> but will discuss it in technical terms the way biologists discuss
>>> protein production and messenger RNA and DNA error correction but
>>> no longer discuss "what is life?".
>>
>> No this will not work. We must test the physical consequence of the
>> belief that the brain can be truncated at a finite level.
>
> Sure. Not only will we build AI robots, but we will also use the
> understanding we develop to modify brains and cure some mental
> illness; which will entail learning the proper level of
> substitution.  But it will all be inferred from behavior and reports
> and mapping between AI and brain processes.

In part, as the pioneer of technological (local) immortality will take
the first approximation. My point is more concrete, comp leads to
testable observation in the physical world, indeed the laws of physics.

Comp gives the realm where the laws of physics evolves, a sort of many
interfering 'matrix' which exists by the law of + and *. It is
testable, with the classical theory of knowledge (not Theatetus,
except that Theaetetus gives it when apply to sigma_1 complete
provability).

But what makes the laws of physics turn into physics? What makes physics follow the laws?

Study UDA. It answers this precisely. Observability is lawful. I gave the axioms, and shows them being theorem of arithmetic, once comp is at the metatlevel.

What would be the point of physics if this realm of Comp already exists?

It exists, like the prime number exists. What is the point of prime numbers? Not sure such question makes sense, but who knows.

Bruno

Craig

> Brent
> "Perfection is attained not when there is no longer anything to add,
> but when there is no longer anything to take away"
>      --- A de Saint-Exupery

I prefer this quote than the preceding one. Looks like arithmetic is
perfect, in that sense. All universal numbers!