On Saturday, April 20, 2013 1:49:04 PM UTC-4, John Clark wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 5:18 AM, Bruno Marchal <mar...@ulb.ac.be<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
> >> The reason nobody has a answer to the hard problem is that nobody has
>> clearly explained exactly what the problem is or what the answer is
>> expected to do.
>>
>> > The hard problem is only the antic mind-body problem, and what you say
>> is that you don't understand it, as it happens frequently. UDA reduces that
>> problem to the problem of justifying, by a FPI statistics, the belief in
>> matter by some average relative universal machine/number.
>>

> Yes exactly, that is a perfect example of what I just said:  The reason
> nobody has a answer to the hard problem is that nobody has clearly
> explained exactly what the problem is or what the answer is expected to do.

That may be the reason why I do have an answer to the hard problem, because
I have explained exactly what it is and what the answer is expected to do.

The Hard problem defined = Why is there any such thing as aesthetic
experience, given a deterministic universe which has no plausible use for
it?

The Hard problem solved = By pivoting the presumed figure-ground relation
between mechanism and aesthetics, a deterministic universe can be easily
derived from aesthetic principles, including, but not limited to, the
quantitative aesthetics of arithmetic.

The value of the solution = A new synthesis of mind-body, physics and
information in which sensory-motor participation is understood to be the
primary element from which physics and information (aka matter-energy and
space-time/geometry-arithmetic) are derived. Thus, we achieve a vast
revolution in human understanding and can begin to progress in every aspect
of human endeavor.

Craig