On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM, John Mikes <jami...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Telmo: did you research WHERE would you migrate FREELY to find all those
> goodies?
> I did for awhile before I had a chance to DO it and got nowhere. The "global
> rottenness" abounds.

Hi John, yes, I sadly agree with you. It's a bit claustrophobic. I was
dreaming about a world with no borders, where like-minded people get
to live according to their values and be left alone in their chunk of
the planet. For example, I have nothing against the idea of a nation
of puritanical christians, provided I am not forced to live there and
they leave the other nations alone (I know, it's funny).

What I know of the world is mostly restricted to Europe + UK and North
America. I find the clich├ęs to be somewhat true: in the USA you get
more economical freedoms and a whole lot of puritanism, in the EU
(which is less homogeneous) you get way less puritanism at the expense
of economical freedoms. I've recently moved to Germany (Berlin) and so
far I'm positively impressed.

I mostly agree with the American constitution, and I would be happy to
live in a country that followed it (modernising the language a bit
wouldn't hurt, though).

I'm sure your experiences are much richer and more interesting than
mine, and I would love to hear more about them.

Telmo.