On 12 May 2013, at 22:41, John Mikes wrote:

Brent: this back-and-forth is a marvelous game to go crazy.
If I weren't me who else would be me and who whould I be?
(Only for the IRS!) It points to me at those stupid sci-fi-s about transportation to Moskow/etc. - or another Universe, and 'living there' - am I still myself? No way. If I 'live' that is.
We change continuously and remember only our partial self.

I find it acceptable that we are computations (in different aspects from just mathematical) i.e. complexities of unknown compositions. THAT you may call SOUL, if you like. At death it transforms into other complexities (I didn't say: completely decomposes) but MY complexity is gone.

You don't know that. In which theory?

My brain is a tool.

One reason more to doubt that you complexity is gone. Especially that if comp is true, or just Everett, your first person *you* has an infinity of brains, and brains is what make your consciousness locally effective with respect to some other universal being, so you lost a brain only relatively to a reality (not all).

Bruno

Have a good day

John M