On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Evgenii Rudnyi <use...@rudnyi.ru> wrote:
> Recently I have listened to a nice talk about the search of extraterrestrial
> intelligence
>
> http://embryogenesisexplained.com/2013/03/the-starivore-hypothesis.html
>
> The author has mentioned two fallacies (slides 6 and 7)
>
> Artificiality-of-the-gaps
>
> and
>
> Naturality-of-the-gaps
>
> However, I was unable to understand his difference between artificial and
> natural.

I believe he just means "generated by an intelligent biological
entity" vs "generated directly by nature". UFOs, the New York City and
burritos are artificial in this sense, while Clouds, the Grand Canyon
and apples are not.

He's then specifically alluding to the fallacy of assuming that
extra-terrestrial intelligent entities would be sufficiently similar
to us for us to notice them (an old but interesting debate).

Telmo.