From: Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, May 19, 2013 7:11 pm
Subject: Re: A speculation on life after death and ghosts in Leibniz's
metaphysics.

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 06:38:59PM -0400, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:
 Frank Tipler, before he became a convinced Christian, has proposed exactly
 this "resurrection" as a a computer process, in the far future, and
 basically  faced this ostracism, and still does, by his physicist chums.
retty
 much nobody  has followed in his foot steps (who wants a career at a
 university), plus his  original standard model got consumed by the WMAP
urvey. An
 accelerating cosmos  wasn't what was in the theory.

If you read "Physics of Immortality", you will understand why he was
stracised. As a supposedly scientific book, it is riddled with
rrors, and being, by and large, an apology for Christian ideas, is
ust plain annoying.
This should not detract from his earlier work - for example, I would
till cite his book with Barrow as the definitive reference for the
nthropic principle, and omega point theory is still interesting
peculation, although less so since results refuting the closed
niverse requirement have come in.

rof Russell Standish                  Phone 0425 253119 (mobile)
rincipal, High Performance Coders
isiting Professor of Mathematics      hpco...@hpcoders.com.au
niversity of New South Wales          http://www.hpcoders.com.au