On 22 Jun 2013, at 03:26, Roger Clough wrote:

Materialists believe apparently strange things, such as that mind is matter.

What if mind is matter ?

Then mind would be quantized, and there would be particles of mind (psychon, as someone named it).

Comp would be false, but some other mechanist assumption would remain correct. Just be sure your doctor put the right psychon in the artificial brain.

I find comp more plausible, and as having a bigger explanatory power. Even for matter, I am not convinced by the "particle" idea.

Bruno

If mind is matter, if thought is particular, can you explain then how such particles think ? Do they mull around until they vote one to be the leader, who organzies
the rest of the unruly mob ? And what orders does he give them ? Etc.

Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
See my Leibniz site at
http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough