Hi Jason Resch

Thanks very much for this, but apparently the
Buddhists think that mind is not "mental" or "idea-like"
as in Idealism, but brick-and-mortar-like, as in western Materialism.

Apparently the Buddhists believe, as our materialists do,
that mind and matter (ideas and rocks) are One:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/mind-indian-buddhism/

"Perhaps no other classical philosophical tradition, East or West,
offers a more complex and counter-intuitive account of mind
and mental phenomena than Buddhism.

While Buddhists share with other Indian philosophers the view
that the domain of the mental encompasses a set of interrelated
faculties and processes, they do not associate mental phenomena
with the activity of a substantial, independent, and enduring
self or agent. Rather, Buddhist theories of mind center on the
doctrine of not-self[1] (Pali anatta, Skt.[2] anatma),
which postulates that human beings are reducible
to the physical and psychological constituents and
processes which comprise them. "

This boggles my mind. I am purely matter. ?????

Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
See my Leibniz site at
http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough