Hi

Where's the liberal press and al Charleton on this one ? Recently killed.

6-Month-Old Baby Shot And Killed In Chicago
Tweet

Jonylah Watkins
The gun violence in Chicago has reached an all-time low. This morning,
6-month-old Jonylah Watkins died from injuries she suffered following a
drive-by shooting yesterday.
Chicago Police are reporting Jonlyah and her father, Jonathan Watkins, were
inside his car yesterday when a gunman opened fire as Jonathan changed his
daughter’s diaper in the front seat. The baby and her father were struck
several times and listed in critical condition yesterday.
This morning at 6 AM, after hours of surgery, the baby was pronounced dead. One
gunshot wound caused the fatal injuries, according to hospital spokesman John
Easton. ”This morning, the baby passed away,” said the Rev. Corey Brooks, a
spokesman for the family, “We have another tragedy in the city of Chicago.”
Jonathan Watkins, 29, was shot in his left side and right buttock and sustained
a graze wound to the face, police said. He is still listed in
serious-to-critical condition, fire officials said.
The girl’s 20-year-old mother was at work at when the shooting happened. She
had been shot in the leg last spring while pregnant with Jonylah, they said.
”She’s very distraught, she’s in a lot of pain,” Brooks said this morning.
“They just got married several weeks ago. This is a tough time.” Rev. Brooks is
adamant about finding Jonylah’s killer. “We’re going to help find who did
this,” said Brooks, pastor of New Beginnings Church in Woodlawn, which is
offering up to $5,000 for information leading police to the gunman. “We’re
going to take back our neighborhood, we’re going to find who did this.”
The baby’s grandmother, Maryann Young, described the baby as a “fun-loving
girl.”

 Please join Dr. Boyce Watkins and Min. Louis Farrakhan for a forum on “Wealth,
Education, Family and Community” at the Forum Arena at The University of
Illinois at Chicago on March 30.  You can get your free reservation to the
event by clicking here.
Subscribe to Your Black World by clicking here.