It's very hard to resist triggering Godwin's law on this one.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Political correctness is likely to get you killed.

Speaking only form experience, this is certainly not true in Europe.
I've lived in several European cities without ever avoiding any race
and nothing bad happened.

> We are all naturally racists. Blame it on Darwin. Zenophobia --
> fear or dislike of outsiders--is what has allowed us to survive.

Rape was really big back in the day too. Should we also go back to that?

> Unfortunately the liberalized dictionaries I can find online refer
> to it as "abnormal" or "irrational".

A phobia is, by definition, an irrational fear. The Oxford dictionary says:
"Xenophobia is the irrational or unreasoned fear of that which is
perceived to be foreign or strange."

I would fear travelling to North Korea. That would be a rational fear,
knowing what I do about the country. Would I fear meeting a north
korean in Europe? No, why should I? In that case it would be
Xenophobia. No liberal conspiracy here, just words and their meanings.

> Is it abnormal to be
> cautious in the presence of strangers ? The left refers to
> such feelings as "politically incorrect". But I don't think it
> is irrational for a mother to tell her children not to talk to strangers,
> no matter what their color.
> We instinctively, for our own safety, are somewhat fearful
> and unfriendly to strangers, no matter what their color.
> Jesus said to love our neighbors, but he didn't say to
> go looking for strangers to love.

You should be cautious about that Jesus fellow. Had he existed, he
would most definitely be non-white according to current American
standards. I even suspect he would be considered a terrorist these
days.

> So IMHO political correctness is likely to get you killed.

That's insane.

Telmo.