I can not resist to say something.

THat something is innate or natural means that whatever to do with it
must take into accout that this is innate or natural, no matter if this is
morally positive or negative. Something natural can not be prohibited .
Only can be regulated.

Take revenge for example. Revenge is something natural, an evolutionary
instinct, that correspond with an evolutionarily stable strategy  intended
to impose, in the adversary, an evil greater than the benefit it may have
taken with his offense, making further attacks to you unworthy. That works
even If you loose in the process of revenge a lot of effort.

Well that beyond the tribal life is deleterious for a civilized society,
since retaliations can escalate etc. Many societies have the revenge
ritualized or codified. Others create an institution, the justice, that
judge and administer punishments to produce the same unworthiness of
offenses, but avoid retaliations. So revenge by cool-blood killing
an offender is punished as an horrible crime.

But the law it does not punish the small retaliations in the workplace,
between former friends, among couples in the day to day lves There is
ample set of aspects where retaliation is permitted while it does not cause
violence. It is logical: It would be comic to see people going to the
justice like the children go to their parents saying "look my brother
pushed me, punish it!"

Well, with the hysteria of racism we are going in this nonsensical
path. People want to be equally or more antiracist than the neighbor.
Perhaps because people need to be united by some common beliefs and values,
and when there is no belief nor values, they are fabricated, The more crazy
they are, the more lies and half truths they imply, the more they work as
elements of cohesion. See my other posts.

The recently converted moral zealots of antiracism -or whatever is in
fashion now- are scanning you. Take care

2013/7/17 Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net>

>  Political correctness is likely to get you killed.
>
> We are all naturally racists. Blame it on Darwin. Zenophobia --
> fear or dislike of outsiders--is what has allowed us to survive.
>
> Unfortunately the liberalized dictionaries I can find online refer
> to it as "abnormal" or "irrational".  Is it abnormal to be
> cautious in the presence of strangers ? The left refers to
> such feelings as "politically incorrect". But I don't think it
> is irrational for a mother to tell her children not to talk to strangers,
> no matter what their color.
>
> We instinctively, for our own safety, are somewhat fearful
> and unfriendly to strangers, no matter what their color.
> Jesus said to love our neighbors, but he didn't say to
> go looking for strangers to love.
>
> So IMHO political correctness is likely to get you killed.
>

>  Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
> See my Leibniz site at
>  http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

Alberto.