On 20 July 2013 10:57, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Of course the sensory-motive capacities of anything are reflected in
>> > physics, but it is not necessarily transitive. Physics may not be able
>> > replicate a particular being's sense or motive any more than the
>> > characters
>> > in a movie can change their own script.
>>
>> It's either the physics inside the movie or the physics outside the
>> movie if the universe is causally closed.
>

> The physics outside the movie is sensory-motive. The production of the movie
> has voluntary intention (will) and involuntary unintention (cause). The
> movie strips out the former locally (through thermodynamic irreversibility,
> loss of entropy), while perception (sense) reconstitutes it absolutely
> (significance, gain of solitrophy (entropy+signficance). There's yer dark
> energy.

But it's all physics, and either the physics is computable or it
isn't. If the brain is not computable then there are physical process
in it which are not computable. It may be the case; there is no a
priori reason to assume that physics is computable, and the notion of
non-computable functions is a legitimate one in mathematics. However,
there is nothing in human behaviour that gives any indication of the
computability of the physics in the brain. There is nothing
conceptually or empirically in "sense" or "entropy" or the other terms
you use to indicate whether the physics underlying them is computable
or not.

--
Stathis Papaioannou