On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 7/23/2013 7:00 AM, Jason Resch wrote:
>
>  When there are two polarizers A and C, which are rotated by 90 degrees
> to each other then no photons will pass through both polarizers.  However,
> if we insert polarizer B at a 45 degree offset to A and C then 1/4 of the
> photons will make it through.
>
>  Now let's say we have two entangled photons travelling away from each
> other.  If we send photon #1 through polarizer A right before photon #2
> goes through polarizer B,
>

> How about a clarifying diagram.  In the first para B was between A and C,
> now it seems it's in the opposite direction of A relative to the source.

In the first case:

                    0 degrees                45 degrees            90
degrees
photon #1 ---->   (Polarizer A)  ------>   (Polarizer B)  ------>
(Polarizer C)---->  (Detector)

In the second case, two entagled photons are sent in opposite directions
        (45 degrees)                             0 degrees
       90 degrees
 <-----(Polarizer B) <-------  #2     #1 ----> (Polarizer A)

Where B is spaced at a distance greater than A, but less than C.