On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:17 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy
<multiplecit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:35 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> was malicious enough to plant an incredible amount of false evidence: the
>>> fossil record,
>>

>> Yes, but that's not the only reason God would be a sadistic monster. He
>> could have produced complex animals like you and me just by snapping His
>> fingers, but instead he decided to do it by way of Evolution. And Evolution
>> has made some beautiful things but the process itself is not beautiful, in
>> fact its cruelty is ASTRONOMICAL, for every tiny advance millions die
>> horrible deaths. There is no getting around it, Evolution is a hideously
>> cruel process and if I were God I would have done things very very
>> differently, among other things I would have made intense physical pain a
>> logical impossibility, but unfortunately that punk Yahweh got the job and
>> not me.
>

> According to NSA records you didn't get the job because you ticked "YES" at
> the QM box and "NO" at possibility of computationalism box. That's why we
> got Yahweh, because Bruno wrote "this test is not decidable" and walked out
> of the room. Concerning the rest of us getting the job (whether we finally
> all wound up getting the damned job, because everything's a janitor job,
> even being god... cue strange music...), that's classified apparently. PGC

It allows annoys me how christians justify all the suffering and
overall shittiness of existence with: ah, but that is necessary
because God wanted us to have free will. Fuck free will!  I would much
rather exist in a state of constant bliss, unable to feel anything but
orgasm x1000, no pain, no boredom, no negative emotion whatsoever,
forever. Instead I get free will. Great.

"In the beginning, the universe was created.
This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a
bad move. Many races believe it was created by some sort of god, but
the Jatravartid people of Viltvodle VI firmly believed that the entire
universe was, in fact, sneezed out of the nose of a being called the
Great Green Arkleseizure.
The Jatravartids, who lived in perpetual fear of the time they called
"The Coming of the Great White Handkerchief" were small, blue
creatures with more than fifty arms each. They were therefore unique
in being the only race in history to have invented the aerosol
deodorant before the wheel."
                - Douglas Adams, in The Restaurant at the End of the Universe.