Self-contradictory. You've got to follow your own theories to their logical
conclusions. *Which* Western/third world would have been better off if WW3
hadn't happened? Since "everything happens" in some branch of the
multiverse, surely there are innumerable branches in which the world is
better off for not having undergone the horrors of WW3. Or are you saying
that, if you summed human happiness in the branches of the hypothetical
branch of the multiverse in which WW3 didn't happen, and compared it to the
sum of human happiness in the branches in which it did, it would be higher
in the ones in which it didn't? Put that way, it becomes a rather absurd
claim wouldn't you say? And dubious - since first of all the additional
happiness in those non-WW3 branches has to make up for the staggering,
unimaginable misery of the holocaust, the Russian front, Hiroshima etc etc
before "getting ahead" at all, and secondly because this is all based on
the theory that Nazism not being "debunked" (It was exterminated) would
have led to an incorporation of fascist ideology into the mainstream of
global social organization, an extremely debatable proposition. Extremism
is fostered by economic desperation. If the world had had time to fully
recover from the depression, notions of invading the world would have
looked a lot less attractive to the fat, comfortable citizens of an
affluent western Europe, and Nazism may well have died a quiet death
without the need for apocalypse. But of course I won't argue that's what
*would* have happened, because making predictions about the consequences of
any single event or change in world history is impossible. If you'd like to
disagree, please tell us all what the consequences of the Arab uprisings
will be in twenty years' time. We'll check back in then and see how well
you performed.