________________________________
 From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 Chris de Morsella <cdemorse...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was correcting your mischaracterization of two democratically elected and
> popular leaders who were overthrown in bloody CIA backed coups and replaced
> by fascist dictators
>
>> Yes Chris, the CIA staged those coups, but some countries violently change
>> their brutal 2 bit tin horn dictators with a new brutal 2 bit tin horn
>> dictator more often than I change my underwear, so its a little hard for me
>> to get all weepy about it; particularly when placed in the perspective (as I
>> did in my post) of the tens of millions of there own people that the
>> communists have murdered. As for IRAN I think the CIA probably did a good
>> thing in 1953, yes it placed the country in the hands of a brutal 2 bit
>> dictator, but from 1953 to 1979 it probably prevented the country from
>> falling into the hands of brutal 2 bit dictators who were driven by their
>> imbecilic religion to push their country back into the ninth century.

I truly hope you change your underwear more often than countries change
regimes... for all concerned. Did I ask you to get weepy? I am just asking you
to acknowledge you were incorrect in characterizing the popular and
democratically elected leaders of sovereign states
as "two bit" leaders. You have acknowledged that you were in fact incorrect and
that is all I care that you do. Whether you want to get all weepy is your own
concern not mine.
I am going to have to disagree with your peonage to the fascist regime of the
Pavlavi family dynasty; don't think it was a good thing to install that brutal
fascist regime and associate our country with all the repression, torture and
killing that the Savak  - the Sha's secret police -- engaged in.  In fact I
think you are completely wrong. The 1979 revolution in Iran has roots that can
be convincingly traced back to that earlier CIA backed coup (instigated by the
way by British Petroleum that had been enjoying 90% take on the sale of Iranian
oil until the democratically elected government of Iran of the time
nationalized Iranian oil reserves. It was in fact British pressure that
involved the US in Iranian affairs in 1953.

>>Of course a lot of this is supposition, we'll never know for sure what the
>>world would be like today if the CIA had not been involved in those coups;
>>but I do know that even if what they did wasn't right it was little more than
>>being mischievous compared with the horrors committed by Lenin or Stalin or
>>Mao Zedong or Kim Ll-sung or Mr. Ass's favorite, Hitler.

Correct they are just suppositions.

>> You had mischaracterized these two popularly elected heads of state as 2-bit
>> leaders. I find that to be a strange choice of words to describe a
>> democratically elected head of state.
>>To my mind if something is democratic that does not automatically mean it
>>occupies the moral high ground. Hitler gained power legally, and a recent
>>opinion poll showed that 64% of the Muslims in Egypt and Pakistan think the
>>death penalty should be invoked for anyone who leaves Islam, and in
>>Afghanistan 78% think so.  And in Iraq and    Afghanistan 60% think that the
>>killing of female family members by men should be legal if the women "sully"
>>the family honor. Would you really be upset if somebody prevented these
>>democratic practices from being implemented? I wouldn't be.

Are you trying to say that it was the correct and moral course of action to
overthrow these two democratically elected leaders and then to support the
fascist regimes that we installed in their place?
> John -- Not interested in placing any more wear and tear on your brain.
>> Thank you, but I'm concerned that you ignored my question.

As I will continue to do if I think they are rhetorical or just plain silly.

> Either we discuss or we don’t.

>>Before we can talk more about moral issues I need you to answer the question
>>I asked you in my last post,  because discussing matters of morality with
>>somebody who makes excuses for a creature who says "supporting the Nazis was
>>the right thing for the Arabs back then" and "I believe that 9/11 was a good
>>thing" would be like debating with a baboon over the correct way to solve a
>>problem in Calculus. And I have better ways to allocate my time than that.

I do not respond to your imperative demands very well now do I... amazing how
that works (or doesn't work) Allocate your time however you choose to allocate
it. Stop dialoging with me if you must  -- I am fine with that outcome. It
really is no skin off my back.

Cheers,
-Chris

  John K Clark