On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> indeed "free" does not add much to the will, except to emphasize a local
> freedom degrees spectrum.

It doesn't even do that. "Will" is the set of things I want to do, but some
of those things may not be physically possible, and some of my wishes may
not even be logically consistent with each other, but I want them all the
same.

> If you are imprisoned, you can keep the will, but have the free-will
> quite constrained

I'm not imprisoned, however I very much want the cardinality of the Real
Numbers to be the same as that of the integers, but my wish remains
unfulfilled.

  John K Clark