Kant's disproof of materialism and empiricism

Materialists argue that in essence we are no more than our bodies.
Empiricists such as Hume ruled out the possible influence of anything
transcendental
in our perception of objects.

But that position was disproven by Kant, for example in his transcdendent
deduction of
the role of the self in perception
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/kant-transcendental/
in which cognitive science and philosophers such as Dennett and Chalmers
seems to have overlooked the critical importance of the transcendental.

As a result, Kant gave this argument against materialism and empiricism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Kant

"Kant proposed a "Copernican Revolution-in-reverse", saying that:

Up to now it has been assumed that all our cognition must conform to the
objects [positivism] but ... let us once try whether we do not get farther with
the problems of
metaphysics by assuming that the objects must conform to our
cognition[transcendental idealism]."

Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
See my Leibniz site at
http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough

.com/malfunct