On 9/4/2013 2:55 PM, Chris de Morsella wrote:
Our brain's are supplying us with our reality and two people immersed in the same environment will often come away with different descriptions of that environment and will experience different realities when immersed in that environmental stream of sense data. Even though the raw sense stream is the same in both cases; the inner mental experience that is "lived" can be very different indeed.

But the interesting point is that we can, given enough data, agree on an intersubjective reality. Whether we feel threatened by a big black guy on a lonely street is subjective. But whether said figure actually is a big black guy we can find out. The latter is part of reality, because that's how "reality" is defined - intersubjective agreement. But feeling threatened is a subjective reaction.