 From: "spudboy...@aol.com" <spudboy...@aol.com>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: The confluence of cosmology and biology

Professor, Standish,

Speaking about Wolfram, some ten years ago, Wolfram opined that "why listen for
ETI's when we can use computers to generate all we need to know about Alien
civilizations." I tried looking after what Dr. Wolfram meant. specifically,
when he said that, but to know avail. Perhaps it was just foot-in-mouth
disease, or Dr. Wolfram waxed too, eloquently, or what? H went on to suggest
that if we needed designs for a starship from somewhere else, all we needed to
do was  computer generate it-once we had the trick of generating a description
of an Alien civilization.

Perhaps yourself, who successfully has postulated a universe from Nothing
(Theory of Nothing), or Professor Marchal, could have a whack at Wolfram's
proposition?  Would we need gargantuan, grapheme, quantum computer server
farms, to undertake this colossal, task, or uncovering ET's emanating from a
gigantic, statistical, program? Wolframs idea was why search, why go, when we
can work magic through data processing. Can you or anyone else, advise. Thanks.

Mitch