On 01 Oct 2013, at 15:31, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

Sorry to hear Professor Standish's experience with Wolfram. Some people can off the deep end, or capture and idea without analyzing it enough.

<<CA are local. The universe cannot be a CA if comp is correct, and the
empirical violation of Bell's inequality confirms this comp feature.

Bruno>>

I wonder if the Hubble Volume turns out to be Holographic, could we then use CA to sort information from any point in the cosmos? I guess I must be trying to salvadge Wolfram?

Wolfram's book on CA is wonderful, but unfair to the CA community, in the references.

Then the CA approach, like the "digital physics "approach, is usually forgetful of quantum non locality, and is usually (like many others) unaware of the mind-body problem.

Now, CA constitutes quite cute turing universal systems. CA programs for the UD are quite nice static conic structure.

I prefer not to use them, though, because they assumed some (digital, discrete) geometry, and computationalism makes it necessary to extract geometry from number's dream.

Now, I do believe CA are quite useful to model many natural systems, like diffusion process, life, percolation, etc. They are useless "only" for quantum entanglement, and consciousness/ matter relation.

Bruno