A Platonic, singularity theory of mind.

Current philosophies of mind debate whether mind and body are a dualism
(mind and body) or a monism (mindbody). But these do not address the
nature of mind itself. As the pragmatics of language demonstrate,
Mind (first person singular) must be a singularity if we are to have a singular
identity,
perceiving the world from a singular point of view, and acting as a single
person.
It seems unlikely that such a singularity could be formed from a pluralistic
brain,
or pluralistic world, any more than a king could be formed from his populace.

In addition, the mind is subjective (mental, nonphysical) , while the brain
and the rest of the world are objective (physical).
Following along these lines, then, consciousness must be a Platonic
singularity. But since we all have minds, there must be multiple
singularities within this singularity, whch Leibniz calls monads.

Dr. Roger B Clough NIST (ret.) [1/1/2000]
See my Leibniz site at
http://independent.academia.edu/RogerClough