2013/10/2 meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net>

>  On 10/2/2013 1:17 AM, Alberto G. Corona wrote:
>
>   All the rest, including theories, must accommodate this fact and not
>>> the other way around.
>>>

>>  The trouble is "this fact" just refers to a personal feeling and so is
>> useless for social policy: "Did you feel that you had free will when you
>> shot your husband?"
>>

>  This fact is not a personal feeling, but a species-specific function
> that implies feelings, acts and so on. I mean, it is a part of being human.
> And this configures the reality that we perceive and according with it we
> act and judge, and have justice institutions. In the same way that we see
> color with three types of detectors on the brain and according with it we
> use certain painting techniques. This is a shared reality as a consequence
> of having the same human mind structure, the same nature or if you like,
> the same brain architecture. If that not were that way, you and me would
> never even communicate and discuss about it.
>

> So what function would a robot necessarily have in order to have the kind
> of "free will" you are interested in?
>
> The process of evolution of the self, and the development of morals as
well as the notions of good and evil  in social individuals with memory of
past actions and planning capabilitis (that have evolved previously) has
been studied by evolutionists and is a field of active research. I have
told before about the details here. Although the process is not fully
understood and may be that it will never be, because  the ease of reverse
engineer is not one of the features of evolutionary designs.

> Brent

Alberto.