On 04 Oct 2013, at 17:48, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

Oh that's a typo, and I have never read the Many Forking Paths.

It is a very good one, quoted by Everett, if I remember well.
I think Liz thought on "Tlon Uqbar Orbid Tertius. The first novel in "Fiction", which contains the Forking Path novel.
I like most novels in Fiction. Borgess is great.

Bruno

It was funny how philosophers like Borges (a novelist), David Lewis, and Hugh Everett the 3rd got to the same conclusion. All about the same time.
-----Original Message-----
From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Oct 3, 2013 5:54 pm
Subject: Re: The confluence of cosmology and biology

On 4 October 2013 10:38, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

Does anyone know any phenomena in nature or science that duplicates the behavior of Cellular Automata? Does cell biology do the tasks of CA, orbis this merely, a mathematical abstraction? Does anything in physics come to mind, when refering to CA?

I think some chemical reactions are similar?

(By the way I love the "orbis" - immediately made me think of Borges - but I'm guessing it was just a typo :)