On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 11:54:34AM -0400, spudboy...@aol.com wrote:

> Very well, Professor Standish, given that, could the Hubble Volume
itself, then be considered as one CA? A CA that is 13.7 light years
across, and thus, that old?

That sounds like what Wolfram proposes.

Is this CA, or all CA's something that emerges from thermo and fluid
dynamics, or does it require (sigh!) a programmer, in the Jurgen
Schmidhuber, sense of the word?

I don't see why a programmer is required. Presumably, if is some sort
of CA, it just is.

Apologies for my obtuseness, but hey, this what all good primates do, connect
dots, make assumptions.