On 10/12/2013 12:49 AM, freqflyer07281972 wrote:
Yes, but you see, even the food we get from the restaurant, is delicious. Why would it be delicious, assuming COMP. How could the primary modalities of things be good or bad assuming COMP? I know most people here think Craig is a hand waver, but I honestly cannot understand how qualia emerge from quantia, including their(meaning, my experiences) magically "emerge" from the many quants that Bruno's idea seems to require.

Emergence is a description of how we think about our models of the world - not something in the world. So Bruno has a theory in which some parts are true but incommunicable. He identifies these with qualia because that is (supposedly) a characteristic of qualia. That's actually how all scientific theories work: you hypothesize a model, including connections to observations and see if it has explanatory and predictive power.

Brent