On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:21:34 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>> On 16 Oct 2013, at 03:01, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>>

>> we must use what is our birthright as living beings. We can be
>> opportunistic, we can cheat, and lie, and unplug machines whenever we want,
>> because that is what makes us superior to recorded logic. We are alive, so
>> we get to do whatever we want to that which is not alive.
>>
>> Craig, these are murky waters you're fishing in this time.

I forgot who said the following: "X is giving reasons for why reasoning is
bad. His reasoning was bad."

>> Here you are more than invalid. You are frightening.
>> We have compared you to racist, and what you say now reminds me of the
>> strategy used by Nazy to "prove" that the white caucasian were superior.
>> Lies, lies and lies.
>>
>> We can lie, machines can lie, but I am not sure it is the best science,
>> or the best politics.
>> With comp, God = Truth, and lies are Devil's play.
>>

> If there is a chance that a machine will be born that is like me, only
> billions of times more capable and more racist than I am against all forms
> of life, wouldn't you say that it would be worth trying to stop at all
> costs?

How could a machine be racist if it is totally incapable of any form of
relation or sentience, according to you?

>> But thanks for warning us about the way you proceed.
>>
>> This does not help for your case,
>>

> I am just the beginning. Your sun in law will make me seem like Snoopy.

If the above holds and you're not just playing, then these ideas make you
totally mainstream: hunger for opportunistic dominance and perverted sense
of liberty so expansive that we poison the very air we breathe and the soil
that grounds our homes. You'd be saying nothing new at all, just the
opposite in fact.

The opportunism program is so old, cockroaches run it successfully and will
continue to do so. They also eat their young. Makes sense, consistent with
opportunism, but not the apex of aesthetics to put it mildly. To anybody
with the luxury of cultivating an aesthetic sense, even when inevitable,
that is merely ugly and to be avoided.

 PGC