On 17 October 2013 15:04, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

The pixels don't have an obvious cause outside themselves unless you
> smuggle your knowledge of electronics into it. Neurons are a character
> within our conscious experience as much as our experience coincides with
> some of the behaviors of neurons. We have no reason at all to imagine that
> a brain has anything to do with 'consciousness' except because we are
> taking our own word that we are conscious. On the level that we understand
> the brain and neurons, there could be no such thing as awareness.

"Smuggle your knowledge of electronics" into explaining the operation of an
electronic device??? If we can't take our word for it that we're conscious,
whose word can we take for it? How can there be "no such thing as
awareness" when we have good working models of eyes, the visual cortex, and
so on?

TBH I think you're just throwing out objections randomly; if you aren't, I
don't have a clue what you're trying to say.

I think it's time for me to retire in confusion.