On 17 October 2013 16:29, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to say that our contemporary approach to understanding
> awareness is fatally flawed. It suffers from a leaky philosophical vacuum,
> and maybe the premature confidence of a teenage civilization that imagines
> it to be finishing a race that is only halfway done.
>
> OK, that's something I can understand (and even agree with). So do you
have some idea about how we *should* be understanding awareness, and can
you explain it simply, and preferably without doing violence to, for
example, our understanding of how TV sets work? (Or if you do have to do
violence to that notion, could you only do so after explaining how and why
you need to do violence to it, rather than throwing the idea into the
conversation willy-nilly and expecting the audience to understand?!)

Explaining in the style of Bruno and comp, for example, would be good...