On 17 Oct 2013, at 03:19, LizR wrote:

On 17 October 2013 14:08, Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote: How could a machine be racist if it is totally incapable of any form of relation or sentience, according to you?

Not according to me, I'm going along with Bruno. By his view, I am a machine, or a product of a machine, so if I am racist against machines, then it is inevitable that there will be machines who are similarly racist against humans or biology - the only difference being that they may be placed in a position to exert much more control on the world.

I don't remember Bruno saying that. (Unless one considers arithmetic to be a machine?)

Just to be clear, I use often the term "elementary arithmetic" to denote some (Robinsonian or not) theories or machine. Those are finite entities (with an infinite set of beliefs/theorems).

I use "Arithmetic" or "Arithmetical truth" for the set of true arithmetical proposition.

The first is a machine, the second is not. Arithmetical truth is not Turing emulable. It is very big, even from outside. Then it is non- conceivably big when seen from inside.