On 17 Oct 2013, at 05:10, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 9:19:13 PM UTC-4, Liz R wrote:
On 17 October 2013 14:08, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com> wrote:
How could a machine be racist if it is totally incapable of any form of relation or sentience, according to you?

Not according to me, I'm going along with Bruno. By his view, I am a machine, or a product of a machine, so if I am racist against machines, then it is inevitable that there will be machines who are similarly racist against humans or biology - the only difference being that they may be placed in a position to exert much more control on the world.

I don't remember Bruno saying that. (Unless one considers arithmetic to be a machine?)

Yes, if I understand his view correctly, Bruno considers arithmetic to be behind mechanism, mechanism to be behind awareness, and awareness to be behind physics.

Computationalism makes arithmetical truth enough for the TOE, but this works only because arithmetic seen from inside is much bigger and much more complex than arithmetic. But I do not hide that I start from mechanism, which is an hypothesis about consciousness (its invariance for some digital transformation). Then the result, that is the logical consequence, is that Arithmetic is a TOE realm, and physics becomes derivable in the theology of the numbers.
What you said was a bit fuzzy.