On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 06:41:16AM -0700, Craig Weinberg wrote:

> On Friday, October 18, 2013 7:22:04 PM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> >

> > On 18 Oct 2013, at 23:02, John Mikes wrote:
> >
> > Bruno: "what" is a person? (according to the US Supreme Court lately:
> > a Corporation, but I don't buy that)
> >

> > You are right. Making a corporation into a person is a total shameful
> > superdangerous idea (for our human rights).
> >
> > A person is an abstract type related to machines or entities having enough
> > self-referential power.
> >

> Are you sure that you are not racist against baby corporations? Maybe you
> are strangling them in the crib?

This is arguing over terminology. Replace person by "responsible
agent", and you get the legal meaning used above. Not all responsible
agents are persons by Bruno's definition. In fact, not all persons are
considered responsible agents - in most legal systems, children are
not considered responsible for most purposes, but they are most
definitely people by Bruno's def.