On 10/19/2013 9:21 PM, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 12:16 AM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net <mailto:meeke...@verizon.net>> wrote:

Bruno seems to equate "know" with "provable and true".

I'm not sure that is precise. To me, Bruno's use mostly mirrors the use in the Plato dialogues as "knowledge is true belief accounted for". So X knows p is true iff: p is true, X believes p, X can account for or justify their belief. PGC

I've suggested that: knowledge = justified true belief. But apparently that leaves out too much or is too vague for him.

Brent

     So we know that 17 is prime.  In fact we *know* infinitely many theorems
that are
    provable, but which no one will ever prove - which seems like a strange
meaning of
    "know".

    Brent

        Are these all things you would say satisfy the proposition [o]([o]p)

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
email to

No virus found in this message.