On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 05:54:38PM -0500, Jason Resch wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Russell Standish
> <li...@hpcoders.com.au>wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Oct 20, 2013 at 02:33:54AM -0500, Jason Resch wrote:

> > you, and

> > > Well, as one who's theory of everything derives from the theory of
> > nothing,
> > > is the existence of such a being not guaranteed by that theory?
> > >

> > That theory is that all possible experiences are in fact
> > experienced. Why does being you and me simultaneously consitute a
> > possible experience? It does not follow.
> >

> >From your webpage:
>
> "The *Theory of Nothing* was a book I published in 2006, in which I
> explored the consequences of assuming:
>
>    1. Everything exists, and
>    2. The reality we observe must be compatible with our existence within
>    that reality."
>

> What I was saying was that if everything exists, then Jupiter brains who
> have experienced 10^100 lifetimes exist. As such they serve as hubs linking
> disparate states of consciousness, and there is something in reality that
> knows what it is like to be you and knows what it is like to be me. Neither
> of us, based on our current experience, can say whether we are a biological
> human, or a dream of a Jupiter brain.

Why would you say that the Jupiter brain is integrating the 10^100
points of view into a single coherent view, rather than just
simply experiencing them all in parallel?

The universe is obviously currently instantiating at least 10^9 points
of view concurrently, but would you say the universe itself
constitutes a conscious being as a result? I wouldn't go that far,
without further evidence.