I got that. I just didn't understand why that was the answer. I thought the
Freud one, perhaps, because he was at least more their contemporary, as
compared to Godel or Goethe. But I don't see the logic - why is that pun
more suited to Russell and Whitehead....?

Oh hang on, I think I've sussed it. Is it because Godel effectively blew
their magnum opus (Principia Mathematica) out of the water?

Now that *is* rather subtle.