On 10/29/2013 4:17 PM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
But this is how I see the concept of √úbermensch. The idea got horribly
distorted by subsequent political events. The ideal of √úbermensch is a
human that transcends the illusion and becomes aware of it's true (1p)
nature. I also see it as close to Buddhist ideas.

I certainly agree that Nietzsche's Ubermensch has been horribly distorted. Although anybody who is claimed as a philosophical ancestor by the Nazis and Ayn Rand must have been doing something wrong. :-) But the Buddhist idea is to withdraw from the world. Nietzsche's idea is to engage it, amor fati. The will to power is the creative drive. To create art. To create oneself.