On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Roger Clough <rclo...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi Dr.d
>
> Although he called it "inherited primordial language", Chomsky proposed what
> I would instead
> call "platonic language structures" in view of the philosophies of Plato,
> Kant and Leibniz, this
> apparent in view of the rapidity at which language can be learned and
> communicated.

This is a bit of a stretch. I believe that what Chomsky purposes is
that there is a strong interdependence between language and brain, in
the sense that language naturally fits our cognitive processes and
that's why children learn so easily. His minimalist program and
universal grammar ideas purposes to find the common cognitive ground
between all human languages. One of his ideas, that touches many of
the things discussed in this mailing list, is the idea or
recursiveness as the fundamental building block of all natural
languages -- although a counter-example has arguably been found with
the Pirahã language:

http://www.edge.org/conversation/recursion-and-human-thought