I would put marxism and fascism close together and not polar opposites. Because Marxists claim that they are for the proles does not really mean that they are. It just means that they try to BS people with this claim. In fact, there are no, non mixed economies anymore, in the us, china, and russia. Its all a two classsystem of rule by party leaders, and their pet billionaires. Cronyism. Marxism killed 40 million people in China, during the great leap forwards. It was never deliberate, but doing practices that ruined crop growth, by following party eddicts.

-----Original Message-----
From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Nov 4, 2013 7:44 pm
Subject: Re: Our Demon-Haunted World

I'm not sure I can parse your last sentence. To start with you seem to indicate that Marxism (the economic theory / desire for rule by the proletariat) - interestingly in lumped with Fascism (rule by a powerful state) - might get people killed. But in the last sentence you say this is a "wrong belief". Could you explain please?

I also don't understand...

Is this Scalia person supposed to be good because he takes someone deer hunting? What's that all about? The unspeakable in pursuit of the inedible?

By the way where would you put a country being run by powerful corporations on the Marxist / Fascist axis?