And also distinguish Fascism from Communism. The former is bound to
nationalism as its core bonding principle; whereas communism had an
internationalist dimension and framed its core binding arguments in terms of
class... the workers of the world unite rhetoric. Communist states, in
practice, were as nationalistic as any other polity, but Communism the
ideology paid lip service to an ideal of internationalism and international
class struggle.
In the end all systems devolve into the same basic repeating pattern of:
those who manage to amass the power rule and continue to perpetuate their
rule across generations, until some force majeure derails the gravy train.
The world has been and always will be ruled by psychopaths, because all
systems in the end become parasitized by successful psychopaths. And once a
system is thoroughly parasitized by the crime families of the times, it
almost invariably remains corrupted -- even when reformed.
As long as successful psychopaths can slash & burn & murder their way to the
top undetected (in fact often much admired) and as long as power is the
organizing principle of human affairs we will remain essentially a prison
planet -- IMO.
What would really alter the course of history -- IMO -- would be an
inexpensive and widely available sure fire test for identifying those
lacking empathy, mirror neurons, and other characterizing traits of
sociopaths (with psychopaths being the more virulent and more murderous
subset). Imagine a world were psychopaths cannot accede to positions of
power in government, industry, finance, academia, etc. because a simple test
accurately identifies them.
We -- all of us really and almost without break for all history -- suffer
under misrule by organized psychopaths who invariably control the vertices
of power and use it to ensure that they remain in power, long term.
But no matter -- MWI -- there has to be some reality where psychopaths are
treated as the diseased individuals they are and given help to overcome
their affliction... now how to get the current "me" into that reality stream
:)
-Chris