On 06 Nov 2013, at 02:43, LizR wrote:

On 6 November 2013 14:38, <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:
We could offer a 20 or 100 billion dollar prize for a new clean energy source and award the winner. The contestents would have to get bank or private equity funding to accomplish this. We can do the same for medicine and outer space too.

Sounds good to me. How do you persuade the banks etc to put up the prize money?

Allowing effective competition would solve the problem, easily.
But banks and your taxes invest in preventing real competition, and that is the origin of the problem.

Our system is good, but old, and by tolerating the prohibition nonsense, we have put bandits into power, and they have crushed the separation guards.

There is nothing wrong being rich, unless the money is stolen money, and that's the case today. The war on drugs and the war on terror are used to hide that facts.

It is still better than in Somalia, unless you are dying in some hospital, because the effective treatment is forbidden, or you are just in jail because you defend the constitution. Prohibition *has* transformed the whole planet in a giant "Chicago". We are not governed by elected people, but by well organized gangs with very special interest. Media and a part of the academic world is rotten. Might TOR saves our children ...