On 11/6/2013 2:09 PM, LizR wrote:
That's similar to my pet theory for explaining the Beckenstein bound - information capacity only goes up as volume in the multiverse.

The volume of the multiverse is generally thought to be infinite. Even the volume of our universe may be infinite. If you want to apply the Beckenstein bound, consider the observable universe since its boundary forms an horizon relative to us.