That's very interesting. I'm afraid I can't quite see what is meant by the
entropy of the universe being maximal but not the local entropy. There is a
claculation showing that the entropy in a sphere is less than maximal *until
*the sphere equals the Hubble volume. This is where my understanding breaks
down. This is the sort of thing I was trying to explain - badly I expect -
in my last post. How can the entropy of a small sphere be non maximal if
the entropy of the entire observable universe is maximal (I referred to
"information" but entropy is probably better). It doesn't seem to make
physical sense. But then the whole BB surface area thing doesn't seem to
make sense, to me at least, because if you consider a sphere and move
outwards you are including matter / information / entropy proportional to
the cube of the radius , but the amount of information and entropy allowed
to exist inside the sphere goes up at the radius squared. At some point -
apparently the Hubble sphere - surely something has to give!

What am I missing here?